Glossary of Terms for Printer Supplies
- What are formatter boards?
- Formatter boards are circuit boards within a multi-function printer units. The multi-function printer unit sorts information that routes to the component area.
- What are transfer units?
- Transfer units store images during the printing process. It's an important part of laser printing.
- What are printer duplex units?
- The add-on part of a printer that makes one side of the page print as good as it does on the other side is a printer duplex unit.
- What are inkjet cartridges?
- What are thermal printheads?
- With an output of precisely aligned dots of heat, thermal printheads are lines of resistors that produce images on temperature reactive surfaces.
- What is a fuser assembly?
- A fuser assembly is responsible for melting toner into the printing materials.
- What are toner cartridges?
- Toner cartridges create the images on the paper, and it's a consumable part of a laser printer.
Quality inkjet cartridges add beautiful and long-lasting color to your pages.